Thursday, September 23, 2010

Alex Somlyay UPDATED

Alex Somlyay MP
PO Box 1978
Sunshine Plaza, Qld 4558

(07) 54792800

or send him an email: alex.somlyay.mp@aph.gov.au


If he makes war on our democracy and on us, we must and will make war upon him.

UPDATE

Media Statement from Alex Somlyay

24/09/10

I can confirm that I have been approached by the Gillard Government, through the Leader of the House, the Hon Anthony Albanese, to stand as their nominee for the position of Deputy Speaker on the basis that I would support the Government on no confidence motions and supply bills.

I have declined this approach.

I have been a proud member of the Liberal Party Room for 21 years and my commitment to serve the Liberal-National Party remains strong.

After discussions with both the Labor Party and my own leader, the Hon Tony Abbott MHR, I confirm that I will be contesting the nomination for the position of Deputy Speaker in the Coalition Party Room on Monday.

I support the Coalition’s decision to reject any pairing arrangements for the Speaker and Deputy Speaker positions on the basis that such pairing is inconsistent with the Constitution.

No comments:

Post a Comment